Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course
Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC)
RIGHT NOW FOR A LIMITED TIME SIGN UP FOR THE RESTRICTED COURSE BETWEEN DEC 2022 -FEB 2023 AND GET $25.00 OFF. USE PROMO CODE REST2023 WHEN REGISTERING
Canadian legislation stipulates that individuals wishing to acquire restricted and/or prohibited firearms must successfully pass both the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC), along with all the tests and exams that accompany them.
The RPAL certification course at CFA takes 1 day (Sun), and will allow adequate time for questions and review, to ensure you are prepared. The course will consist of time spent learning in a classroom, observing demonstrations, and practicing skills, before taking the final exam and practical test.
Testing consists of a written exam and practical test. The written exam is made up of 50 questions. 65% of the questions are true or false, and the other 45% are multiple choice. The practical test consist of a series of actions that you will be asked to perform, in order to demonstrate what you have learned.
There is a 1-hour time limit for the written exam. You must get 80% or better on both course components to successfully pass and be able to apply for a restricted license.
Topics covered in the CRFSC include:
- The evolution of restricted firearms, major parts, types and actions
- Basic restricted firearms safety practices and ammunition types
- Restricted firearm action types and their operations
- Safe handling and carry procedures
- Firing techniques and procedures
- Care of restricted firearms
- Responsibilities and legalities of the firearms owner/user
- Safe storage, display, transportation and handling of restricted firearms